First, Happy New Year 2017!
Lots of changes in the air. Politics surely has everyone behaving as if they were a ‘bobblehead.’
But, all in all, each of us will continue the same path – day in and day out – hoping for a better outcome. Well, you know, that IS the definition of insanity! You know that, right!?
I propose that we sit down, take an honest look at our past year. Ask some tough questions. Then forge a new path in 2017.
Harder? Absolutely! Potential for failure! Sure! But the old path won’t get us much either. So what do you say?
Here are some tough questions:
- I know there’s always some reason ‘out there’ that caused my lack of success. But get serious, what part did I play?
- Did I learn anything new? No, not about ‘out there’ but about ME? Ask that one of yourself again.
- Am I still quoting the best times of years gone by, without seeing how times really have changed?
- Do I miss the ‘good ole days’, thus blinding me to the opportunities all around me today?
- Can I tilt my head and see my business and personal life from a new angle? If not, why not!?
- Do I see the missteps? Can I see the opportunities?
- Am I admitting that any failure or lack I have has “ME” as a major component? What can I change now to change future outcomes?
Here’s what I’m planning to do:
- Finish my small biz book: 21 Million Strong! and get it on kindle ASAP – like no later than April 2017
- Work steadfastly on my 2 interviews a week for the new site: Havre de Grace Stories
so that I can create my weekly podcasts and start another book!
- Write more… seems pretty obvious if I’m a writer. I’ve never figured out why ‘we writers’ forget that!
- Work with a couple small business get a website up and their fb going!
- Remember that, as the Terminator says: “I’m old, I’m not obsolete.”
Send me an email or jump on facebook and post your plans for 2017! And from another of my favorite movies: “Make it so, Number 1.”
YOU are “Number 1” …
Here’s to a great 2017 on your terms! And if you need assistance, check out these pages:
A few websites I’ve worked on over the years: